Whenever my students meet with me for an Orton-Gillingham lesson plan, they have a few supplies handy. I, of course come towing my large O-G bag, but I find having things that the student can easily access while I am not with them is helpful for them. Families have an opportunity to see what they are working on as well. The parents appreciate the chance to discuss what the day’s lesson was about. It’s all about keeping the lines of communication open.
(This post contains an affiliate link.)
Here are the supplies the student has:
- a one inch binder
- a composition notebook
- a folder to place inside the binder
- key rings or binder rings
- John Ayto’s Dictionary of Word Origins (welcome, but not a necessity)
Why Keep A Binder?
- I love keeping a record a everything for the families to see.
- Children have a opportunity to create a large collection of the reading passages they have practice with me. This is GREAT for review.
- No loose papers!
- Children love looking back to reflect on the progress they’ve made. This is a powerful opportunity to build in praise for all of their hard work over time.
Check the Orton-Gillingham category of my store if you are looking for Orton-Gillingham materials.
I have some special announcements!
1. Check out the Word List Builder Membership site in the banner above! Search, create, save and print your own time-saving word lists, word cards, phrasing templates and games for ANY lesson with the highly specialized Word List Builder search engine! It’s all web based, so no need to lug around or use software that needs to be installed and updated. Use it on a computer or mobile device. The updates on Word List Builder are automatic, so you never have to reinstall. The power is in Word List Builder’s unique search engine. Enjoy a 21 free trial when you register. :
2. Calling all Orton-Gillingham tutors and therapists! I have a directory of qualified educators on my site for parents to search. Join or search when you click on “Word List Builder” at the top. When you are there, click on “Find A Tutor” or go HERE. You may register to enter your contact information in the directory for only $10 a year. Families may search the directory for free!
3. There will be a TPT sale on May 7-8, 2019! Save up to 25% off in my store. The promo code is GIFT4YOU. ALSO… Check my Facebook Page, The Literacy Nest, for a BIG giveaway starting early Tuesday May 7, 2019! SHOP HERE.
A HUGE thank you for your continued support of me, my store and my new website! It is greatly appreciated!