Happy New Year Everyone! I’m linking up with Emily from Curious Firsties for Wednesday Wow. As I look back on 2013, and look ahead to this new year, I have to say WOW! So much has happened! It all started last March when The Reading Tutor/OG was born. My little Facebook page for literacy resources with fellow educators and friends became a huge hit! I remember the day back in early June when people began sharing it and hundreds of likes started pouring in over several days. The mission of TRT/OG became so much more. I had to spread awareness about dyslexia and continue sharing the best teaching resources I could either find, or create myself. Fast forward a few months…
This Fall, I met a team of talented literacy experts from several different states and countries. We teamed up for two blog hops as you may recall. Realizing we could be so much more to teachers if we created a collaborative blog, we started brainstorming. That is how Adventures in Literacy Land was born. Hours of planning, and designing is about to pay off on January 6th when the blog is officially launched. Twenty literacy experts will be sharing their very best researched-based strategies and literacy tips with you. I hope you ‘ll join us on January 6th when we begin posting daily, along with giving away freebies and prizes too! I’m sure impressed by this group once again but now in a new format.
As for my plans this coming year here’s a quick run-down. You may wonder how I get it all done sometimes, but when you’re passionate about your calling a way is always found.
- The Adventures In Literacy Land Blog is launching January 6, 2014.
- I’m hosting a free screening of The Big Picture: Rethinking Dyslexia at the Dedham Community Theater in Dedham, MA on January 25, 2014 at 9:30AM. We’ll have an expert panel for discussion following. I’ll be on the panel, so you’ll have a chance to meet me if you come! 🙂http://www.dyslexiamoviescreening.com/
- My Teachers Pay Teachers Store has been growing by leaps and bounds. I’m adding new and innovative products all the time. This is definitely NOT the store I started a year ago!
- I’m planning to unveil Little Free Libraries (all created by local High School students) in my town this Spring and Summer. Check this site to learn more! http://littlefreelibrary.org/
- And the best news of all…My husband and twin boys are preparing to welcome our third little miracle due on March 9th. We couldn’t be happier that our little family is growing. I may be missing from the scene that month for a bit so please be patient! 🙂
I thank you all for your wonderful support, comments and kind words. I hope 2014 is filled with blessings for all of you!