Happy Friday TRT/OG fans! Phew! Things have been very busy around here. I’m in the middle of preparing for the upcoming blog hop (more details to follow), new TPT products, my upcoming guest blog post on Comprehension Connection, and the October newsletter. I’m learning how to get a whole lot done while my two little ones nap. 🙂 Here are five important things to wrap up this week!
- Upcoming Bloghop! OK, This news is huge. What do you get when you team up 28 Reading Specialists and Literacy Coaches? Tons of resources, tips, strategies, and freebies thanks to a group of highly talented educators. It’s being organized by my friends from Comprehension Connection and The Rungs of Reading! I’m so excited to be a part of this special event and group. Starting Friday, October 25 through Sunday October 27, you’ll be able to visit each of our blogs all weekend. More details are coming, so mark your calendars bloghoppers. You do NOT want to miss this one!
- Check out this Reading Street Chevron Concept Board! This was sent from one of my 4th grade teacher friends. I created the chevron concept board headers to really dress it up. This is currently one of my most popular selling items on TPT. I sell a matching pennant banner if you’re interested too. Thanks Meg for sending this to me!
3. Blog Swap: I have the pleasure of being a guest blogger next week (if all goes as planned) on Comprehension Connection. I’ll be sharing practical tips for creating multisensory learning experiences during your Reading/Writing block, based on my Orton Gillingham background and provide lots of helpful links. Carla from Comprehension Connection will be guest blogging on TRT/OG. She’ll be sharing helpful writing strategies. I know I’m looking forward to reading, pinning and sharing them. Blog swapping is so much fun!
4. Orton Gillingham Products: I’ve decided to consolidate 22 of my Level 1 lists with words and sentences for OG instruction and offer them at over a 50% discount on TPT. I sell many of these lists individually but buying the whole set is much more affordable. Each list follows the OG scope and sequence precisely, has an image to match the key word/phonogram card, easy to read font, plenty of white space. I’m currently working on my Level 2 pack, so stayed tuned!
5. And now for the Friday Freebie! Yay!! In honor of National Dyslexia Awareness Month, I’m offering a weekly freebie through my TPT store. These products will be free throughout the month of October, so grab them now. The first freebie is a word sort for the word families -ind, -ild, -old, and ost. I refer to them as the kind, wild, old ghost words. Here’s a preview!