(Contains an affiliate link.)
Phonological Awareness contains a mixture of foundational literacy skills which are critical for reading success. It’s hard to argue against the need to provide a strong phonological awareness curriculum, particularly in the younger grades where we can identify and remediate early to avoid later reading failure. We want to hit em’ hard and often in grades Pre-K-2!
One question I get asked a lot is how to organize supplies for phonological awareness. It’s a lot! There’s children’s books, manipulatives, printables, game materials and so much more. Trying to find a way to make a robust, phonological awareness curriculum work logistically is sometimes half the battle.
Things to consider may be:
- How to keep supplies centrally located
- Are they easily accessible
- Will they be durable for long-lasting use
- Where are some kid-friendly containers I can use.
- It has to be easy to assemble once. I won’t be required to repeat prep, which takes a ton of time
|Phonological Awareness Bundle|
Printing and Storage
Teacher Task Cards
Student Materials and Games
|Phonemic Awareness Games Sampler Freebie|