Nonfiction Task Cards: Ponies
This Read Around The Room Activity is meant to get your young readers up and moving, while practicing important reading skills. You can place these non-fiction task cards at various places in your classroom, or put them all at a station. They’re great for homeschoolers too! I recommend printing them on cardstock and laminating them. Students can use a thin dry erase marker to write on them and then erase.
This Read Around The Room Activity is meant to get your young readers up and moving, while practicing important reading skills. You can place these nonfiction task cards about ponies at various places in your classroom, or put them all at a station. They’re great for homeschoolers too! I recommend printing them on cardstock and laminating them. Students can use a thin dry erase marker to write on them and then erase.
- Please note: Due to the readability level for some of these cards, a teacher may need to read them aloud in a small group to some readers.
- I’ve included some sound practice, rhyming practice, and spelling practice for each card. For the sound boxes, use plastic counters, buttons or pennies for a manipulative. For the cards that have traceable letter boxes, you may wish to have students trace over the letters in a different color.
- There is an optional recording sheet if you would like to use it as an assessment tool.
- Cards 1 and 5 are NOT on the recording sheet, since these are questions with written responses.
- The flap-book pages are great summarizers. You can even add them into an interactive notebook . Please see the directions on each page. The last activity is a “Label The Pony” page with a word bank for support.
Try decodable reading passages for free! Sign up for my mailing list for a free set of decodable passages.
Please be sure to check the wide variety of decodable text resources in my store.
Browse Phonics Packs
–About The Literacy Nest, LLC–
The Literacy Nest, LLC creates multisensory activities to use with reading intervention for struggling readers. Many of these dyslexia resources can be used as dyslexia activities, dyslexia strategies, or to support an Orton-Gillingham program or dyslexia intervention program. These Orton-Gillingham activities can be used in 1:1 support, small group, or even whole class settings. Thank you for checking my store for Orton-Gillingham based resources! Follow my store by clicking the green star next to my name so you don’t miss out on any new products, freebies, or sales!
Please leave feedback on your purchases to obtain credits for future purchases. Don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns before rating products.
Thank you so much for choosing The Literacy Nest, LLC for your classroom and homeschooling needs!