The Wall: Eve Bunting Book Unit Veterans and Memorial Day
The Wall by Eve Bunting is a wonderful book for Veterans Day or to use during an author study.
–Skills & Strategies–
- Author’s Purpose
- Author’s Message
- Text-dependent Questions
- Story Mapping
- Vocabulary Development
- Pre-reading Discussion Questions
- QR Codes linking to an author interview video and a read-aloud video of The Wall (linked to Safeshare, a website that safely shows YouTube videos)
- Vocabulary Cards
- Definition Cards
- Anticipation Guide
- Non-fiction Article: The Vietnam Memorial Wall, followed by comprehension questions
- Making Inferences Anchor Chart and Graphic Organizer
- The Wall Mini-Booklet to record before, during, and after comprehension strategies and questions
- Story Map Flap-Book for interactive notebooks or reader’s response
- Scaffolded Reader’s Response Story Frame for summarizing
- Writing Prompt options for differentiated instruction
This resource is included in the Eve Bunting Author Study Bundle.
–About The Literacy Nest, LLC–
The Literacy Nest, LLC creates multisensory activities to use with reading intervention for struggling readers. Many of these dyslexia resources can be used as dyslexia activities, dyslexia strategies, or to support an Orton-Gillingham program or dyslexia intervention program. These Orton-Gillingham activities can be used in 1:1 support, small group, or even whole class settings. Thank you for checking my store for Orton-Gillingham based resources! Follow my store by clicking the green star next to my name so you don’t miss out on any new products, freebies, or sales!
Please leave feedback on your purchases to obtain credits for future purchases. Don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns before rating products.
Thank you so much for choosing The Literacy Nest, LLC for your classroom and homeschooling needs!