Decodable Word Lists & Sentences for Orton Gillingham Lessons Level 5
These level five word lists and sentences support the Orton-Gillingham approach and dyslexia intervention. This is a collection of 57 Level Five Words and Sentences Lists suitable for introducing specific phonograms, positional silent letters, schwa vowels, affixes and suffixes.
These level five word lists and sentences support the Orton-Gillingham approach and dyslexia intervention. It includes easy read fonts, spacing, formatting, and word lists for a complete level 5 set.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- These level five word lists were made based on my Orton-Gillingham training. The program was IMSLEC approved and IDA accredited.
- This is a collection of 57 Level Five Words and Sentences Lists suitable for introducing specific phonograms, positional silent letters, schwa vowels, affixes and suffixes.
- OG follows a very specific scope and sequence for introducing phonograms. Please refer to it before using these lists in order to insure proper order of instruction.
- This pack may NOT have all the lists in order, but are relatively close to the correct order.
- OG is an instructional approach that requires extensive teacher training. Creating these lists of words and sentences is labor intensive.
- I take special care to provide plenty of white space, a picture cue to match the key word for the phonogram, an easy to read font with appropriate sizing and minimal graphics to avoid distractions.
- Students should use highlighters, crayons or colored pencils to underline, circle or highlight the words as after they read them a second time to make ensure multisensory instruction.
- On the blends lists, there are “sound slider” boxes. I have students slide a plastic counter or penny, one for each sound in the blend, to help distinguish each sound. This has worked very well for the students that have a hard time hearing each individual sound.
- I like to have students find matching rhyming words and draw connecting circles to them after reading them.
Are you looking to purchase multiple Orton-Gillingham products from my store?
Consider purchasing The Complete OG bundle. This resource is included in it.
Try decodable reading passages for free!
–About The Literacy Nest, LLC–
The Literacy Nest, LLC creates multisensory activities to use with reading intervention for struggling readers. Many of these dyslexia resources can be used as dyslexia activities, dyslexia strategies, or to support an Orton-Gillingham program or dyslexia intervention program. These Orton-Gillingham activities can be used in 1:1 support, small group, or even whole class settings. Thank you for checking my store for Orton-Gillingham based resources! Follow my store by clicking the green star next to my name so you don’t miss out on any new products, freebies, or sales!
Please leave feedback on your purchases to obtain credits for future purchases. Don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns before rating products.
Thank you so much for choosing The Literacy Nest, LLC for your classroom and homeschooling needs!