Five For Friday Wrap-Up!
Hi TRT/OG friends! I’m doing a Five For Friday wrap-up to talk about some of the things happening on my page, and beyond this week.
1. First of all, thank you so much for following this blog! I also want send a HUGE thanks to my bloggy teacher/Facebook friends: Comprehension Connection, Teacher Mom of Three, 180 Days And Counting, Working Together 2 Achieve Together, and The Rungs of Reading for your incredible support. You ladies rock! I’m looking forward to working with all of you!
2. My New Followers Blog Giveaway winner is MICHELLE VEAL STOCKERT!! Congratulations Michelle! Check your email for a message. I will email you your $25 Teachers Pay Teachers gift certificate as an attachment. This was a great way to meet new people and I really enjoyed doing it.
3. Did you see this pic of a super easy game I posted on my FB page on Tuesday? It’s a version of sight word tic-tac-toe. I play it with my OG students and they looove it. Instead of using x and o the two players write sight words! You can do this with spelling words too. I love that there’s so few materials needed! Here’s a pic:
4. I am loving using the Pic Collage app. Here’s a little collage I created for National Punctuation Day!
5. My Teachers Pay Teachers store features products to support Reading and Writing. (I have some fun Math resources too!) Recently, I created phoneme segmentation task cards this week. There are 10 cards with 3 sound words, and 10 cards with 4 sound words. Use plastic counters, buttons, or pennies to slide one into each sound box. These are especially useful for a child with weak phonemic awareness. They won’t eat up your ink cartridge either. I prefer to create products that print well, can be photocopied a gazillion times, and they still look like the original. Plus, I think too many graphics can be a distraction for certain products. Here’s a peek at one of my task cards:
You can easily get into my TPT store by clicking the name on the navigation bar at the top of this page, or the TPT widget in the sidebar.
A FEW MORE THINGS…
* I’ll be writing my October Newsletter in the next 2 weeks, and it will be in my newsletter folder. September’s newsletter is in there for you to read at your leisure, or print out. I have a very knowledgeable guest writer for October too!
** I just created an exciting new product yesterday for your Close Reading lessons! It’s a collection of 24 Comprehension Questions Task Cards appropriate for grade 3 and up. Here’s the beauty of it: You can use these questions with ANY text. Check it out in my TPT store.
***This has been an incredible week for me. I am so honored to share my resources with all of you, and I look forward to lots more in the future! Please share this blog with friends. :))
Have a wonderful weekend!
So, So, So, excited! THANKS SO MUCH! I appreciate the gift certificate! Can't wait to use it, and share your site with others. I have learned from you as I have read your posts. Thanks for sharing your wisdom and experience.
Have fun shopping Michelle! I emailed you an attached gift certificate. Thank you so much for your kind words and for following! Haapy weekend! :))
Love the tic tac toe… I´ll be doing it for body parts for English language Learners.