Hi everyone! I'm writing to you today longing for signs of Spring. A bud, a bloom, a nest with eggs...something! Alas, Springtime in New England is still weeks away and the snow mounds are still higher than my waist. But, I choose to remain hopeful. Spring will come!
I want to share an important decision I recently made with all of you. You know I balance my posts between writing about children's books and how to use them in the classroom, but I also write about how I use Orton-Gillingham methodology to teach children with dyslexia how to read. Above all of that, I am a Mom of three small children. I am constantly seeking out quality literature not just for my own children, but for my students as well.
About a month ago, I started looking into Barefoot Books. If you're unfamiliar with this publisher, click here to read more. Nearly a month ago, I met with a representative to look through book samples. May I just say, from the moment I opened them, I was hooked.
- Gorgeous illustrations: All different mediums, bold colors, depth, and intrigue, sure to grab the attention of children and adults.
- Audio! This was a HUGE plus for me. Finding quality literature that has audio components is so important. It not only enhances the whole experience, it helps our struggling readers access text with ALL their senses. A win-win. Some books, like their Atlas, have amazing and award winning apps!
- Quality stories: I was so impressed with the wide variety of genres, Barefoot Books offers. Classic folktales, poetry, nursery rhymes, fantasy, myths, are just some of the choices.
- Non-fiction back matter. When you open a Barefoot Book, very often there will be several pages with non-fiction text explaining something in our world. This a fabulous way to pair fiction with non-fiction, and it's a real plus for teachers, too.
- My children are begging me to read these books and listen to the stories and songs all the time. I know yours will too!
|MY STARTER KIT ARRIVES!|
|OPENING IT UP FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS! :)|
|WHAT AN AWESOME ASSORTMENT OF PICTURE BOOKS!|
|GREAT VARIETY OF GENRES|
|MY KIDS LOVED THIS ONE. GREAT VOCABULARY BUILDER, AND LOTS OF INTERESTING ILLUSTRATIONS|
|BEAUTIFULLY AND RESPECTFULLY INCLUSIVE OF DIFFERENT CULTURES AND ABILITIES.|
Here's how you can join in the fun:
- I have a new Facebook group you are welcome to join, called The Literacy Nest Goes Barefoot. There's a monthly theme with book ideas, crafts, and teaching tips. There will also be a monthly online party with a little giveaway. You may join by clicking here.
- Look for my Pinterest board, The Literacy Nest Goes Barefoot! I'll pin book ideas, and ideas for activities to accompany a book on it. And of course, you can pin away! :)
- I will blog about books I love from Barefoot Books from time to time. You can keep in touch by following my posts. Click here to follow my blog on Bloglovin.
- As an ambassador for Barefoot Books, you can purchase by clicking the Barefoot Books button in the right sidebar, or Barefoot Books in the header. Your business is always appreciated!
- Want to find out how you can become an ambassador for Barefoot Books? Click the Join Our Team button in the right sidebar, or send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below with your email. It's a wonderful opportunity for anyone passionate about children's books.
I have some fun St. Patrick's Day resources in my TpT store to accompany this book.
Barefoot Books is the right choice for The Literacy Nest. Do you have a favorite Barefoot Book or looking for something in particular? Please comment below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway