This Fall, I met a team of talented literacy experts from several different states and countries. We teamed up for two blog hops as you may recall. Realizing we could be so much more to teachers if we created a collaborative blog, we started brainstorming. That is how Adventures in Literacy Land was born. Hours of planning, and designing is about to pay off on January 6th when the blog is officially launched. Twenty literacy experts will be sharing their very best researched-based strategies and literacy tips with you. I hope you 'll join us on January 6th when we begin posting daily, along with giving away freebies and prizes too! I'm sure impressed by this group once again but now in a new format.
As for my plans this coming year here's a quick run-down. You may wonder how I get it all done sometimes, but when you're passionate about your calling a way is always found.
- The Adventures In Literacy Land Blog is launching January 6, 2014.
- I'm hosting a free screening of The Big Picture: Rethinking Dyslexia at the Dedham Community Theater in Dedham, MA on January 25, 2014 at 9:30AM. We'll have an expert panel for discussion following. I'll be on the panel, so you'll have a chance to meet me if you come! :)http://www.dyslexiamoviescreening.com/
- My Teachers Pay Teachers Store has been growing by leaps and bounds. I'm adding new and innovative products all the time. This is definitely NOT the store I started a year ago!
- I'm planning to unveil Little Free Libraries (all created by local High School students) in my town this Spring and Summer. Check this site to learn more! http://littlefreelibrary.org/
- And the best news of all...My husband and twin boys are preparing to welcome our third little miracle due on March 9th. We couldn't be happier that our little family is growing. I may be missing from the scene that month for a bit so please be patient! :)